Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday

Yesterday I didn't post because there is not much to say...
I've just been plugging along...still on plan.  
I'm back to eating solids which made a huge difference for my bike ride last night.  I had a ton more energy - thanks to smokey vegan black bean soup and rice chips for lunch from my favorite natural cafe...also had a vegan, gluten free pumpkin muffin...Wow!  I crushed the 14 mile loop in record time on my single speed.

Yesterday:
protein shake
Atkins Shake
Smokey Vegan Black Bean Soup
Rice and Bean chips
Vegan/Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffin
1/2 cup tunafish w mayo
1 luna bar

Not too shabby!

The Natural Cafe that I frequent is my savior.  Its run by two local girls - they keep the prices low and have a library of healthy books the customers can borrow.  Recently they are into vegan soups - perfect as its getting cold here.  They make being veg or vegan easy for me when I don't feel like putting together my own food.  
Some of my favorite foods are:
Green juice
Gazpacho and shrimp soup
Kitcheree
Hummus salad
Black bean avocado and spicy veganaize wrap

Today the plan is ~ 
Run - Sunday I did my 5K at a great pace - thanks to new playlist!
Jillian abs video
Protein shake - made with cashew, almond and hazelnut milk 
Lunch ~ soup
Dinner ~ I have to go out tonight - totally inconvenient given tomorrow is weigh in...I know what I'll order - hummus, crab and avocado salad and a glass of wine...not too horrible..

Have a great Tuesday ~ sending love and good vibes to everyone in CO dealing with the floods

 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that solids gave you such a surge of energy. That cafe sounds fabulous--wish I had something like it in walking distance of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cafe sounds very cool.
    In the 90's, there was a restaurant downtown in NYC called the 'Big Cup' that had a mean lentil dish that I still crave to this day.

    ReplyDelete