3. Going to get on dreadmill shortly - went mtb with the girls yesterday
4. Am dying for spring weather!
5. This is my status on FB:
to happiness ~ haven't watched the news in over a month and am on a
steady diet of 80s music and 90's hip hop.....sprinkle in some mountain
biking and that pretty much equals bliss.... just sayin' - in the event
that anyone else wanted to find happiness...I might start a
church...prob have the Rev. Run officiate.
6. I can't stop quoting 80s songs - so take these broken wings and learn to fly again
7. I should stop drinking coffee....but one thing a time
8. I heart Macklemore....that video makes my day...every day
9. Ever just crack yourself up? I do all day everyday...that is probably one of the best things about growing up an only child...I am so amusing...to myself that is.
10 - Favorite Body part...on my body that is - waist/hip curve.
I thinkLeigh posted this the other day... I love it. :)
Yesterday - I crushed it.
Dreadmill and Jillian in the morning - I'm sore today :)
Sugar - Yesterday was great - I did end the day with some frozen yogurt but I'm not hating on that. The way I get off sugar is to allow myself to eat anything all day as long as it is not sugary - so I'll have a fatty creamy soup, something with cheese, or avocado. I focus only on not having the sugar. This seems to work. Anytime I have the "diet" mentality I will fail terribly. So its more of a feeling of allowing food in and enjoying the hell out of rich food while forgoing sugar. Work meeting - went perfect - in the zone... all lights are green.
Sheryl Sandberg's book - lean in - its amazing to read about how many powerful women have the same inner dialogue that I do. Its actually a relief.
Today's plan - Dreadmill/Jillian this morning Walk dogs on beach Work Mountain Bike after work
Food Plan for the day Shake Kitcheree asperagus tuna fish
I am freaky. In a good way. Yesterday I threw a box of chocolate covered pretzels (that I had just bought at a gormet store for way too much money because I wanted chocolate) outof my window as I was flying down the road - not the box, just the pretzels- because at that moment I didn't want to eat the whole box and I knew if I kept them I would start again today eating shit.
So begin again - I did some oil pulling this morning ~ it is supposed to remove toxins from your mouth and make your teeth whiter - good and awesome. I use coconut oil - its kinda gross just swishing it around in your mouth, and you have to do it first thing before you have water, coffee or brush your teeth - my friend swears by it and she is skinny, pretty and her teeth are white...so of course if I do it - I will be skinny, pretty and have white teeth!
Gosh where do I begin. Its been bad, real bad. Sugar like its my job. Yesterday was unspeakable ending up with me throwing up sushi. AMAZING and a waste of a 90 bucks
The gift of a new day - I'm about to treadmill and do some Jillian - I bought new wieghts yesterdat at Target! Yay - step in the right direction.
Finally grew a pair and am having that work meeting today. Wish me luck.
I'm making Kitcheree this morning and mentally preparing for next week's cleanse...its through our local health food store - they prepare everything for 10 days all you have to do is eat the fresh food and drink the juice...Game on.
Two nights ago I had the most amazing dream about whales...I am becoming that crazy lady who tells everyone about her dreams..but given that some of them come true...its different. Anyway the whales were wonderful and I felt calm and confident after, so there's that. This is what the internet say about whale dreams:
Whales usually represent a big event in your life or a strong feeling of solitude. Some people believe that whales are associated with peace, serenity, spirituality and tranquility. The appearance of a whale in a dream can signify that everything is
or will be ok and is often related to spiritual matters of the mind and
heart. In dreams that focus on a particular individual the appearance of a
whale can identify that person as trustworthy and good spirited, and can
give you a feeling of connectedness with that individual. Some people have even interpreted the symbol of a whale as the feeling of a loving mother who protects her child. Deep feelings and close emotional connections are often associated with these majestic animals. Whales tend to appear during times of relevance when you are currently facing an issue in your life. At times whales may also represent power, leadership and strength. They symbolize that you can accomplish your goals and have the strength and intuition to overcome the obstacles in your life. They’re a sign of protection and a signal that you need to relax and stop worrying.
So Jealous of my dogs this morning - they are under the covers and napping hard...nothing on their agenda except sleep until the rain passes....Lucky! Work - has been crazy per usual but its all paying off now. :) I broke my ban on the news for a bit yesterday...Saw some of the drama unfolding in Boston...I now know they captured the last suspect and I'm good to tune out again for a long time - VH1 in the morning is way better! Mo is off again this weekend on a travel adventure - I get the bed back to myself....:) I am saving for a king size bed....the queen is just too small for me - I love to sprawl. So about this journey...yes I am and always will be a sugar addict...I am deep in the struggle lately and have to get back to the zone I was in two weeks ago. Just one day clean...thats all I'm looking for. Yesterday was a disaster of epic proportions....but I know today can turn it all around. Its going to be an all day drag out fight with the sugar deamons in my head....I have to focus on these things: I will not die without sugar I just don't eat that way anymore. I feel better when I eat better So say a little prayer for me that I am able to win just 1 day. :)
I love Thursday ~ In blogland - real life...meh...
1. Yesterday was an improvement - still not off the sugar but managed ok until 4pm - then ran into Hershey's kisses and a few cookies...
2. Went MTB -rode hard for an hour or so - it felt great
3. Mo comes back from Father/Son Golf trip '13 tonight - I need to get this house clean before he arrives - not that he cares but I like to lead by example :)
4. Ed keeps rolling in deer shit.
5. Spring is about here finally!
6. I have to get back on track with Jillian and her 30 day shred. Perhaps this morning I'll have time
7. Yesterday was amazing - after feeling like shit for a few days - I felt great - its hard to remember that sometimes we need to take it easy to get better. I have a hard time with that - beating myself up mentally if I'm not going balls to the wall.
8. Still not watching the news...I am definitely a happier person
9. My nails match my iphone cover - I am that awesome
10. My to do list: go to DMV ~ Return Plates from Trail Blazer Cancel insurance Return Clothes to target Tune up and Oil Change for Subaru Pay Property Taxes Get Hair/nails Done Make appt for acupuncture Grocery Shop Bathe Dogs Clean house Laundry Set up auto fund transfer for Merril Lynch account Finalize New Health Insurance Mail wedding gift out that has been on my counter for 5 months - wedding was in Dec...yep I'm that person Buy new dog beds
10a - that feels better...got it out
10b - what I ate yesterday lemon water with fresh ginger green juice quinoa with raisins and agave green juice 1 bite of adosa = stuck = threw it out 15 hershey kisses fistfull of mini cookies 2 eggs, 1/4 cup cheese
10c. Today Goals lemon water with fresh ginger green juice kitcheree/lobster salad - I'm holding an open house and serving lobster salad green juice fish for dinner No way I'm getting through that list until next week but I suppose I can make appointments