Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Here's the deal....
Its Sunday morning - its snowing with a windchill of 9.  One week from today I'll be heading to Florida to thaw out.  

I can't wait.  Yesterday I was checking out flip flops for the trip...mmmmm  ...flip flops

So whats new with me?  I've been trying to do mainly liquids in solidarity with my girl Livia who is pre-op.  Its hard, but going well.  I've been getting in a lot of protein and doing at least one meal liquid, but trying for two.

Its been two days since I worked out. - Booooo
I feel mushy.

Work has been crazy busy but good.  I've been throwing myself into long hours.  

My life is a bit like winnie the pooh - I am the Tigger and yet I live with Eeyore.  Its tough when the energy doesn't match.  That's part of why I used to binge eat and maintain a 240 pound weight - so that I would be sluggish and match my Eeyore's energy.  
My strategy these days is to just do me and pay it no mind.  No matter how hard I want to jump start an Eeyore to get the energy going it just aint going to happen.  It does get me down sometimes.
 And that's all I'm willing to say about that.
 
Sammy in the morning this week

Veggies and Gardien - Fake chicken - yum protein 160 cal 17 protein and no dead animal!
    



“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh  
   

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes stepping back and doing what needs to be done to take care of yourself is important. It's a hard spot to be in. And hard to ignore so I understand why it can get you down. Keep your chin up and keep trying to muddle through. You will get there. Hugs to you! I hope you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balls! I work with an Eeorye... some days it is SO MUCH WORK and tiring. You've got the right attitude! Keep it up! I'll be doing a sunshine dance for you! Hope you get out soon and ride that bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seriously been considering a week of liquids. : ) Smoothies and prot shakes etc. Love the pic of Sammy!! /heart /heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I'm gonna try some faux chicken. Hmm.

    I'm an Eeyore and Stephen is a Tigger. I think sometimes I bring him down. Finding some common ground that you can both be Pooh's about is all I can suggest. :(

    ReplyDelete