Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Whats in your pleasure circle?

Over on the youtube - I watch a channel called proofWLSworks. Each week they ask a question and every day a different vlogger answers it. 

Last week they had a great question that I thought I could answer here in the blog world.  

The question is as follows: Please share with us what your pleasure circle is filled with, minus food. What are the things in your life that you use to fill yourself with love, happiness, joy, peace, comfort, motivation, inspiration, courage, hope, power, and satisfaction?

As a food addict, I use(d) food to soothe, celebrate, create happiness, fill voids, and for just about any emotion or occasion.  Now 20 months post op I am learning that it is just fuel.  So what makes me happy? What brings me Joy? 
I would have to say in no particular order - Mountain Biking, spending time with friends and running.  I get so much joy and peace from being outside and using my body as the machine it was meant to be.  I am inspired and get courage and love from my friends and my husband - not melted cheese.  I would rather spend my time hanging out with others and doing activities than eating.  
There is still a hole where I used to shove food but is shrinking nowThere are times when everyone is heading out to dinner or to a big lunch and I remember how I used to get so excited to chow down....it makes me a twinge sad but then I remember how fun it is to spend time talking to people and developing relationships instead of love handles....

So whats your joy?  

4 comments:

  1. Great post Vanessa! Hope you crushed today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! I would have to go with running, spending time with my puppy, and keeping focused on health stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I believe I will respond to this on my blog today! Thanks Warrior!

    ReplyDelete