Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend...immature rant

This weekend is nuts for me - work is crazy - my eating has been horrific - I swear I would snort a pixie stick if I had one.  Traffic is an effing nightmare, people are mean, and I didn't exercise this morning because I had to clean the house, didn't walk the dogs because I had to clean the house.  My lawn is knee high and the dogs need baths, My car is dirty, my bikes are dirty, there is no food in the house and I ran out of protein powder so I am stuck on oatmeal right now.  My appointments all run late, I have yet to set up this afternoon's house showings and tomorrow is an even bigger nightmare - no clue how to be in three places at once. Stress is off the charts. 

It has become totally clear to me that the only thing standing between me and goal and living an awesome life is work - yep I blame work and money today for my woes.   

I truly believe (and this goes against all self help/Buddhist/enlightenment thoughts) that money would set me free.  Yep - I would be able to train properly, rest properly, my house would be clean, my hair would be pretty, I would be able to afford good skin cream and makeup remover not have to use the hand soap to take off my mascara.  I would have garden full of fresh veggies and fruit.  My car would be clean, I'd have yummy healthy food around the house, I could plan a zen getaway because we all know stress leads to death and obesity.  I would have a portfolio with stocks and things and would walk through life worrying only about how to shave a few seconds off my next race time.  I would have time to save the world or at least get my non profit of the ground and help animals who need me.  I would have a vita mix and eat raw food.  I would have parties and not be ashamed to have people at my house.  I could spontaneously meet friends for drinks and dinner at any restaurant in town because I could afford it and I would even treat them.

I would be free and life would be perfect.  

Off to start my day - wearing the same dress I wore yesterday - hoping for no stains on it and totally over the humidity - wishing I had the luxury of pulling the covers over my head, cranking the A/C and waking up rich.



8 comments:

  1. I feel your pain honey boo boo. I want a maid too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when the fairy leaves your place, send her my way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I totally agree with you on ALL of it. Not enough time, not enough money, too much work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn. Took the words right out of my mouth. Money may not have the ability to make people happy (whoever said that is dumb. but I guess it works if you're lonely)... but it sure does help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Too much work and too little time would so easily be solved with the winning power ball numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoever said money can't buy happiness, obviously had money and had no idea how not having money is miserable..... Hey, I want to snort a pixie stix too!! I luv ya if that helps t all.

    ReplyDelete