Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

NYC ~Adventures



Wow!  I have been a bad bandster.  This will be half confessional and half new plan post with NYC adventure thrown in.
I have not worked out since Tuesday.  I am justifying this by thinking I need a winter break ~ calling bullshit on that and running this morning.  
I have been eating like I did pre-band ~ Candy, cake, crap!  I know why ~ I am so stressed with work right now and have pms ~ so its a perfect storm for sugar/cheese meltdown.  This stops today ~ Liquids should sort that out now.


I went for an overnight adventure to NYC on Friday with my best friend from high school and her wife.  Saw Sinead O'Connor at the Highline!  SO EPIC!!  The new album is the shit!  "How about I be me (and you be you)?" ~ Flipping amazing!  I have never cried at a concert before but dang if she didn't break me down.  Er..that could have been influenced by the disgusting amount of vodka and wine I was drinking.  I sometimes think that when I go out with friends from high school that its okay to drink to like a frat boy.


After the show we went to a diner somewhere in the village and I forgot I had a lap band and ordered a huge platter of eggs and smoked salmon (since when do I eat eggs?) ~ Stuck after the first bite ~ bad @ 2am in some funky place and lets just say I was far from sober...urgh.
The next time I go out I'll tape a note to my forehead ~ "Do not feed the animal" 
I made it home yesterday and pulled it together to go to work somehow.


Today is a new day!  My work situation is pretty good ~ I have two opportunities that I am trying to decide between...both involve real estate and I think they are the same pay wise...just have to figure out which one will make me happiest.  So not a bad position to be in to choose between good and better! yay!


A small NSV yesterday ~ so obviously I had an epic hangover and I felt/looked like Courtney Love crossed with Russel Brand.  No es bueno.  In the past I would have called it a day ~ gone to bed and not bothered.  But I put on my big girl spanx and a sweater dress and went to work ~ feeling confident that I looked respectable.  The sweater dress...Yes.   My friend gave me 3 cashmire dresses ~ they require spanx of course but ~ how easy to get dressed ~ add tights and boots. Viola! professional lady ~ With big sunglasses and a banging headache but hey ...at least I showed up!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend..I've got to catch up on my blogs ~ been working and not had much time to read...I need some inspiration to get this hot mess organized and on the way to goal!


Sinead's new video below.





5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. We all need do let loose from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a "don't feed the animal sign" as well. Sounds like you had a great time, and I congrats on the work options! I love having choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time! Glad to know Sinead was still go after her weird drama lately. Sounds fun tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good weekend, stuck at 2:00 am, lots of alcohol. I'm proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I bet you looked super hot in that dress!

    ReplyDelete