Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A week of Bliss...

We just got back from a week in Utah - Spa food - amazing.  No Binges and each day full of mountain biking, hiking and meditation and few massages.  I could live that way.
Not having to think about food and plan for it was huge - the food was all healthy and tasty with small portions (mo needed more food) but for me it was perfect.
I came home 3.5 pounds lighter - go vacation!
Here is a run down of what we did
Day 1 ~ short bike followed by a hike
Day 2 ~ Epic hike the narrows river in Zion - Amazing 3+ hour slog through the river..(ankle did not love this) 
Day 3 ~ 3 hour mountain bike ride and then a hike
Day 4 ~ Road Bike ride and then an afternoon of hanging out
Day 5 ~ Mountain Bike Ride and Hike
Day 6 ~ Road Bike Ride and Mountain Bike in the afternoon 

My favorite thing about Utah is the complete stillness of the rock - I spent a lot of time just being still and sitting on top of a petrified dune up in a canyon and being still - one of the very hard things for me to do at home.


Inside the Narrows

My spot

The Lava Lawn


Mo



The Chad - our bike guide


Seriously - double rainbow - amazing



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I'm so glad you got an opportunity to rejuvenate yourself. Yeah for weightloss on vacay. Have an amazing November dollface.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, and it sounds like a perfect trip. What a great result that you came back to find your weight down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My very favorite is your eye with Mo in the background snapping pics. : )
    I could absolutely feel myself with you in the "My spot" pic. I could imagine myself sitting there in the stillness and just absorbing the peace of that remarkable scenery. Adore you... /heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beautiful beautiful photos. I do love Utah's landscape. It's one state that I love driving through because it's so pretty.

    Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete