Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday wrap up

This week went flying by.  So far I have pretty much stuck to the plan with the exception of Tuesday.  Yesterday was boot camp ~ I'm so happy to be back and feeling strong.  Today is Mo's birthday so instead of Yoga we will be mountain biking ~ yay..I didn't want to do yoga anyway!  


My friend is out of the hospital and resting at home ~ thank God! Kidney stones are a bitch and I hope she never has to go through that again.  After dining at the hospital for a few days ~ I am horrified at the quality of food they give the patients and sell to the public ~ food is the best medicine and they serve  processed slop. I asked in the cafe if they had vegan option and the lunch lady looked at me like I had 3 heads.  WTF! A plant based diet has been proven to be the best for you and at the Hospital ~ a place of healing and well being ~ they are serving fried onion rings, pizza, processed lunch meats, some pot roast and mystery cheese....something has to change.


I'm trying to get life back on track after working the horse show and staying at the hospital.  I have been following Vegan Fusion  ~ Love the cook book "The 30 Minute Vegan" and am going to find a way to go to one of the immersion classes or the teacher training classes.  The one on Long Island where I live happens to fall on a weekend that I have a wedding to go to (Balls!) I'm going to have to find one elsewhere ~ Belize anyone?  I have this nagging idea that I should be a great vegan chef ~ perhaps make it into another career ~ I have to first get some training and see if cooking on a professional level is something that I would still enjoy.  I secretly want to open a vegan cafe where I live but keep it on the down low and just make really tasty food that people want that just happens to be cruelty free and vegan...


ok ~ ramble on ~ TGIF 



1 comment:

  1. I'd come to your cafe!
    Although I love to eat most things in this world I do cook and eat vegan options often!

    ReplyDelete