Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Oh....helllo there.....

Thought I'd check in here....Whats new...
My band is tight as shit....not sure why.... but I've been eating fro-yo often and that has to end.
Stress = using food to soothe...

The more I stop and listen to my body the more it becomes clear that if I eat like shit - I feel like shit...I wake up with sugar hangovers and feel like my body is full of sand.   Its so obvious and clear that optimal health has to do with eating clean, but knowing and doing are two different things -  that's my struggle these days.

Food - is a source of stress - I get overwhelmed by what to eat.... I don't eat animals, dairy is bad for me, carbs are the devil, sugar is crack, organic veggies only, ancient grains are ok, mass produced anything is horrible, gluten is a no-no, farmed fish is bad and fresh fish is full of mercury, and other fish is full of plastic from bath exfoliants being flushed into our oceans and fast food is a never....
These are just a few of the things running through my mind when its food time... so often I shut down and get the "fuck its" and will get a dang quesadilla or some other fast fix, french fries, smoothie or cookies - then I feel guilty. 
Does anyone else suffer from this stress about food??  Trying to do the right thing for  me and the planet is tough...
 I've got to get my SH together and plan ahead....

In more exciting news - Friday I'm heading to Vermont for a weekend of Mountain Biking and fun with some friends.  I can't wait - mainly b/c cell service is spotty there..so it will  be 48 hours of bliss!!  

What I've been up to lately:
Catching lots of sunsets at the beach to keep my stress down...

This is Oink - she wanders around MTK she is my favorite 







 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I applaude your vegetarianism, but you are right, it does make daily food choices that much harder. That list up there is exhausting! Aaaaand we have to make those choices 3-6 times a day! Ugh. I hear ya sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish air could sustain us. I might try it for a day. LOL Not.

    ReplyDelete