Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Baby Steps

Start at the beginning.  

That's where I'm at today -how exciting.  Forget everything else, the past promises, the successes, the skinny jeans, the compliments, the baggy underwear, how it felt before.  Forget the past.  Live in the moment.

In this moment I am new, a beginner, starting on a journey that I've never been on...although I must admit it feels pretty familiar.  Buy I'm not going to compare it to the past, because thats not fair.

Where am I today, right now in this moment?  I am a couch potato whose body aches perhaps because it weighs too much.  I am addicted to sugar and all that is junk food.  My underwear is tight and I often chose the pair that is stretched out with  holes - super sexy.

I am starting today with one intention:  To go to the gym and not compare myself today with myself 2 years ago.  In this moment I am not a failure, I am a beginner.

So exciting - this new adventure.  (ok, you got me...a little sarcasim here)

7 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with being a beginner. Sometimes we need to forget what we think we know in order to learn something new. Something to benefit us to be better people. I support you in your new beginning!! Love yourself where you are right now...even if it isn't where you want to be and everything else will fall into place. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, three and a half years in I'm starting over, too. I mean... 100 lbs less than where I originally started. But still! No less difficult. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start overs! My favorite! Thanks for the blog post V! Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a huge fan of do overs! So glad you're posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your assessment of where you are today, you should try to remember some of the good things you do for yourself and the progress you have made, even if there has also been some regression. It will help you remember that this is something you CAN do! I hope you were able to carry out your intention for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey v. just want to give you a shout out. i am starting over as well. weighing approx. 27 lbs more than my lowest weight and feeling super frustrated. i think one day at a time is the way to go. we can do this but just know i am in your boat and sending you lots of positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, the end made me giggle. But only because I feel you. It is hard work to make this stuff happen. You absolutely have it in you!

    ReplyDelete